How do I donate to Hope and Helping hand for Human?
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us on +91 9651455556. We are available to take your calls 24*7.
How do I raise money for Hope and Helping Hand for Human?
You can run a fundraising campaign for our children and youth among your friends with the help of Hope and Helping Hand for Human for fundraisers. You can also drop an email to email@example.com for more information.
Is Hope and Helping Hand for Human an International Organizations?
Hope and Helping Hand for Human is an Indian NGO registered under society registration act of 1860, and almost all Hope and Helping Hand for Human supporters are Indian or of Indian origin. Hope and Helping Hand for Human funds are deployed in India to benefit underprivileged Indian children and a small proportion is also invested in local causes.
Hope and Helping Hand for Human has also periodically received support from international organisations that have helped with special requirements, like hiring qualified professionals and setting up Hope and Helping Hand for Human direct marketing cell.
How does Hope and Helping Hand for Human reach out for basic rights to children?
Hope and Helping Hand for Human believes that community mobilisation is one of the key aspects of ensuring sustainable change.
For more than three decades, our approach has ensured that children, their parents and communities are informed about their rights and engage with their local government bodies to make sure that the root causes of their immediate problems are solved
How are resources used?
We have learned that effecting long-term, sustainable change requires a holistic approach. Accomplishing this kind of change necessitates work at three levels:
1. Direct action with children in the form of education and health care.
2. Community mobilisation towards achievement of their rights.
3. Advocacy with government bodies to influence policy framing and implementation.
Financial support and non-financial inputs in the form of organisation development, capacity building and training is extended to:
1. Individuals and projects working directly with underprivileged children and their parents, with local communities and government bodies.
2. Resource organisations that provide training, education material, etc. to smaller, younger initiatives in particular.
3. Nodal agencies that function as miniature h4ngo, permitting us to increase our reach.
4. Strategic alliances or networks, whose aim is to facilitate the transfer of learning, build solidarity and influence policy.
Does Hope and Helping Hand for Human receive government funding?
As an NGO (non-government organisation), we do not receive any direct government funding allowing us to remain independent, making unbiased evaluations of government policies and programmes. The government has also extended certain tax and duty exemptions to us, enabling us minimise costs.
Will my small contribution make a difference?
It most certainly does. A small amount goes a long way. In fact, individuals’ contributions form almost 90 to 95% of our income. Taken together, it is these seemingly small contributions that collectively add up to a large amount needed to effect change. There are people all over who are concerned about the situation of children and who want to do something to change it. However, their own commitments and pressures do not allow them to go out and directly work with children.
How does Hope and Helping Hand for Human choose the projects it supports?
Our selection process is based on the values of trust, transparency, partnership and accountability. Hope and Helping Hand for Human, development support division works closely with partners to understand their needs, ensure resources are optimally used through regular budgeting and reporting systems aided by Account Aid, a firm of chartered accountants specialising in this sector.
How does Hope and Helping Hand for Human cover its own costs?
Hope and Helping Hand for Human organisational costs comprise:
1. Raising donations
2. Selecting, monitoring, evaluating and providing capacity building inputs to projects
3. Creating public awareness on our children’s situation and their rights
4. Support activities like administration, human resources, communication, information technology and financial management.
5. Designing paper products such as greeting cards, stationery etc.
Office equipment, furniture, travel, courier services, information technology support, media and advertising are some of the areas in which we receive free or discounted services from corporate partners as well as donations in cash and kind, wherever possible.
Exemptions from duties also help reduce our costs. Income from corpus investments and other funds are also used to cover expenses.
We would like to take this opportunity to reiterate our on-going need for support in the form of infrastructure, equipment, corpus funds, skills and services. It is support of this nature that enables us to focus on our activities in the field rather than on our own viability. Each rupee saved is another deployed to benefit children. Every contribution in these areas actually frees resources and enhances our capacities.
How do I make an online donation?
Select a donation scheme and specify the amount
1. Your donation amount will show up
2. If you are donating just once to begin with, click on ‘I am giving just this once’
3. If you are interested in giving recurring donations via credit card or bank, click ‘I want to make it a habit’
How safe is my personal information with us?
What if my address or phone number changes?
You have complete control over your personal information on our website. You can change all your personal data – name, address, phone numbers, email id by simply calling or writing to us
Are there any tax benefits for donating to us?
Donations to us are exempt from 50% under section 80G of the Income Tax Act. Tax exemption is valid only in India.
Will you send me tax exemption certificate?
Certainly. While specifying the details of your donation, just mention that you wish to claim tax benefits. The tax exemption certificate will reach you within 30 working days.
What is our donation refund policy?
We takes the most care to process donations as per the instructions given by our donors, online and offline. However, in case of an unlikely event of an erroneous donation or if the donor would like to cancel his donation, we will respond to the donor within 7 working days of receiving a valid request for refund from the donor. The timely refund of the donation will depend upon the type of original payment mode or instrument used during the transaction.
The donor will have to send a request at firstname.lastname@example.org for a refund within 2 days of making the donation along with-
1. Proof of the deduction of the donation amount.
2. In cases where the donation receipt has already been issued to the donor, the donor will have to return the original receipt to us at our office addresses.
3. If the tax exemption certificate is already issued, then we are sorry but we will not be able to refund the donation. However, in case of a valid refund request due to any error on our part, we will refund the donation and bear the costs of the same.
4. International donations will need minimum 10 days for the refund process.